Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Objection Template.

I the undersigned wish to lodge an objection to the plans by Drogheda Port to develop a new port at Bremore, Co Dublin.
I believe that we have a right to our heritage and the sites connected to it, and to the sites connected to our history and mythology. I believe that our government must safeguard and protect these sites from damage and harm.
These rights are enshrined in the UN Deceleration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, a declaration signed by this present government in 2007.
The proposed development at Bremore may harm or destroy sites and burial complexes of immense age, meaning and value. It may mean grave desecration, something which runs contrary to our culture and our beliefs. I object to this.
The proposed development will cause damage, harm and destruction to the ecology and environment on the coast at Bremore. I object to this.
The proposed development will rob Irish people living on the east coast of a much needed and valued recreational area. I object to this.

Signed